Out&About : Food Lover @ Section17

by - Monday, June 29, 2015

Hello there. How's my effort to keep updating my blog? Not bad huh ( For now. )

So for father's day, The sista & I wanted to treat our daddy dearest to dinner ( It's a new 'tradition' we made up to treat our parents on every special occassion ) . At first we wanted to treat our dad to Bangoya @ JayaOne as it has this open barbecue concept.

However, my mum suggested Food Lover at Section 17 instead as she said that it was highly recommended on Facebook. So it was decided. Food Lover it is!

Food Lover is located inside a housing area. Shop lots below flats. ( The flat where food foundry is located. )

The Restaurant/Cafe has a very simple interior instead of those expected hipster, instagram worthy interior that most famous eateries has. It's a suitable place to have dinner and just chill because they do serve cakes and coffee. ( Don't have high expectation for the coffee tho ) The staffs were quite friendly but since they weren't local, so we had some miscommunication but the service was overall fine. Nothing to complain about.

As for it's price, I would rate it as Cheap. They do not charge Service Tax, only GST. Although it's Not super cheap but it's worth it for its taste. More than worth it actually. Their portion is quite big for me, and the taste is good. It's seriously satisfying.



Caesar Salad @ RM 9.90 
I personally like the Caesar salad. but then again if any restaurant can mess up a Caesar salad, they are probably better off closed or something. 


Garden Salad Smoked Salmon @ RM19.90 
I think the reason why I prefer the Caesar salad to this is mainly because of the dressing. I don't know what dressing was served with it ( looks like onion? ) but I didn't really like it. Maybe onion lovers would like it. But I have to say, I liked the salmon :p ( Ok, don't listen to me hahaha. I'm crazy over salmon ) 


Mix Grill Platter @ RM29.90 
If you're in a dilemma and don't know what to order, just order this. End of dilemma. Lamb , Chicken fillet , Fish Fillet , Sausage , Ham , Buttered Corn and Perfectly mashed potatoes in a plate for only RM29.90. You won't regret. I promise. My sister and I shared this plate of assortment and we were full. SO FULL. ( We had to argue over who should eat the salad leaf because we were THAT full) Everything on this plate is scrumptious. I'd definitely go back for this. 

Almond Chocolate Espresso @ RM5.90

Caramel Mocha Cheesecake @ RM5.90
Girls I have a second stomach for desserts. So whenever I'm with my parents, I'll never leave the place without desserts hahaha ( Reasons because, my dad, mum and sister would share it with me and so I can order more variety! HAHAH #greedy )

Where in the world can you get good tasting cake ( Secret Recipe level, OR BETTER ) priced at RM 5.90/pcs . ( If you do know, please tell me HAHA ) . Both the cakes was seriously good but I personally love the Caramel Mocha Cheesecake more. ( A combination of cream cheese & Mocha. What could go wrong? ) You know how some caramel / chocolate cake would taste awfully sweet and you could feel sore throat coming? This is not the case for these cakes. The Sweetness is just right and the bitterness from the coffee balances everything out. 

They have more flavours of cakes which I obviously didn't get to try because 
1. We were to full
2. I didn't want to gain extra weight ( HAHAHAH ) #typical #shitsgirlssay 

Nevertheless, Food Lover is a place i'll definitely return to. Planning to take my Roti Canais here on our next meetup ! 


FOOD LOVER 
A-05, Block A , Happy Mansion Section 17 , Petaling Jaya, Selangor. 

Tel : 03-74973636
Business Hours : Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 10:00pm 





You May Also Like

0 comments