Wenderlust - Food in Langkawi

by - Wednesday, August 17, 2016

hello there!

If you all don't already know, I just came back from Langkawi- land of cheap chocolates and alcohols.
In this trip, I went with a couple of my girl-friends instead of my parents. So, you can expect opinions from the perspective of a constantly broke college girl... just kidding. (maybe not.)

As much as I always complain that I'm broke and stuff, when it comes to going on holidays, I try not to limit myself to spending because I'm here to enjoy! What I'm trying to say here is that our food expenses in Langkawi is well... not that budget hahahahah.

The first restaurant we head to in Langkawi is The Loaf (which can be found in KL too ha ha ha) , but my friend who planned our schedule picked this restaurant because it was located at a place which is really good for picture taking.... so you get my point right hahaha. In my defence, The ambience at The Loaf is really different from those that I have been in KL.

I ordered a breakfast set and some pastries to share with a friend and It amounted to about RM13 per person? I didn't order any drinks because well, I didn't want to have my second cup of coffee and go high hahaha and there was nothing else on the menu that tempted me..

Onion, cheese and Ham bread (I think) & Raisin Cinnamon Bread. Both costs about RM4 each. 

Omelette Set, RM2X
Their pastry was good. No complaints, even in KL I've tried their danish chocolate pastry and it was amazing so It was pretty much expected. but the only thing that was a let down is the toast in the omelette set... it was thick.. and bland... it would've been better if they could give us some butter to go with it then it'd be perfect.

Address: C9, Perdana Quay Telaga Harbour Park, Pantai Kok, Langkawi Kedah, 07000, Langkawi, Kedah, 07000, Malaysia

After The Loaf, we just toured around the island until late afternoon when we checked in at our hotel, Baron Langgura Resort. (Reviews on places to go and Hotel in next post!) By the time we unpacked and settled down, it was nearly dinner time but all of us were keen to try a French Crepe/Waffle cafe right outside our hotel so we headed for it. 

It is only a small shop which had a few bar seats inside and two or three tables outside. However, it wasn't packed so I was fine with it. The lady boss was a french woman and she was friendly too. She approached my table because my friends were playing Pokemon and she said that four people came to her store just to catch Pokemon hahaha. She then later gave us a bottle of water for free. How nice! 

We ordered Crepe with Nutella, Kinder and Nutella as well as a Caramel and Almond Waffle. I couldn't remember the price of each but the total came up to about RM43. It wasn't cheap but considering the ingredients that was used, it was worth it and don't even get me started on the taste. 



The taste is amazing. I'd dare say it's better than inside scoop hahaha. The caramel waffle was not as sweet as expected. I love desserts but I'm not so fond of desserts which are too sweet. (Do I make sense?) The crepe was sweeter but it was still amazing. The amount of Nutella and Kinder was so generous I'm not sure I'll find anything like this is KL. So I don't mind the price. This is a place I strongly recommend!

I'm craving this as I'm typing hahahaha maybe I'll make my own version with pools of Nutella or Caramel Sauce.

I'm just kidding. I wish they had a branch here in KL. :c

After our "tea", we went for a stroll at Cenang Beach. It was beautiful but I'll leave the details out for the next post hahaha. (way to go for trying to keep this space alive)

We walked down the street to an extremely popular seafood restaurant which was highly recommended called Orkid Ria Restaurant.

This restaurant was highly recommended in an article which talked about the must-eat food in Langkawi. Didn't have high expectations for it though because I needed to cut-down on seafood due to my unidentified skin allergies. The restaurant was busy and filled with people but their service was pretty alright. And their restaurant is big so it doesn't feel stuffy. It sort of felt like I was in Thailand haha





All the dishes we ordered was fine. The dishes were pretty salty so if you like salty food, this your place. I didn't try the prawns so I don't know if it's fresh or not but I can tell you that the TomYum soup is amaziiiiiiiiing. The vegetable soup was fine but it's a little salty after a few spoons haha. Then again, if it's not salty it isn't 咸菜汤 (salted vegetable soup) anymore right. This place is mainly famous for its seafood so basically our order didn't really do the restaurant much justice. Our visit would be more worth it if we ordered more seafood.

Address:  Lot 1225, Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang, 07100 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia

After our dinner, we head back to our hotel and went out again after bathing because they wanted supper hahaha. Since Langkawi is famous for cheap alcohol so it'd be a fool of me not to drink any right hahaha

Somersby Apple Cider RM4.90
and then.... I got addicted hahahaha 

The next morning, we visited a highly anticipated Breakfast restaurant called the Breakfast bar. To be honest, my expectation for this place was very very high hahaha. The owner is very hipster and the place had a nice vibe to it. 




The price on the menu wasn't that over priced too... 

I ordered Pancakes.... 

Plain Pancake, RM 5
Okay I will admit that I was very very disappointed because I love breakfast food and this is just a let down. I never expected pancakes to look like THAT... I think my sister make better pancakes.

Our table of disappointing breakfast
I honestly have no idea why Trip advisor suggested this place but oh well, maybe we didn't see the best in it because the other diners seem pretty happy hahaha. Probably it'll be better if you matched the breakfast yourselves..

 they have a section on the menu for that but it never hit me that I should do that so yeah, my highly let down breakfast :c 

Nevertheless, the address in case you're interested : Jalan Pantai Chenang, Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia

We never had food for the rest of the day up to dinner time. Dinner was also along Jalan Pantai Cenang. We found a seafood restaurant at the end of the street called Islandish. It was apparently the most tempting restaurant that we saw and their staff was also all smiles. So we decided to have our last meal in Langkawi there, hoping that it wasn't (yet another) let down.

Thai Style La-la (RM 13) 

Steamboat (RM 36 per head) This was portion for 2 

Deep Fried Squid (Rm 13)

Islandish Chicken (RM1x) 
Overall, everything in this restaurant is good. Their seafood was fresh as well. (Yeah I sort of ignored the fact that I had to control my seafood intake- I was heading home already anyways)

They showcased raw seafood outside of their restaurant so if you know how to tell if a seafood is fresh or not, it's your advantage but if it isn't fresh they wouldn't display it right hahaha.

They gave up two kinds of soups- Clear and spicy. I never tried the clear soup but the spicy soup was good. Spicy food for life hahaha. Noodles and eggs is also provided as part of the steamboat set. The total of our bill came up to about RM130 including Tax, drinks and rice. 

At least dinner was satisfying hahaha. 

That's all for the food we had in Langkawi. Although the Breakfast bar was disappointing, overall was good. Langkawi treated us well and I'd definitely go back if I return to Langkawi again. 

Thank you for reading! 

Till I Blog again, x 

Watch my Vlog if you haven't ! 



Be sure to Thumbs up if you like it and subscribe! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments