An Open Letter to my best friend

by - Thursday, December 15, 2016

When I was quite young, my dad thought me this; If you can have one person to call your best friend, you're very lucky. If you have more than one, you're blessed.

Therefore, before 2016 ends, I would want to write this letter to my best friend.

Dear Best Friend,

First and foremost, thank you for being my best friend and congratulations on finding this blog post. I will make sure you tear and whatsapp me at the end of this post :)
Truthfully, on the day that we met (4 years ago) I'd never expect that we'll become the pair of best friends that we are today. We got close after 6 months of knowing each other and it was because we had so much topics to talk about. From trivial daily things to how we would like to be proposed to (To her future boyfriends, I charge consulting fees ok)

I used to see this post on Facebook which says that there are some people whom you don't have to talk to on a daily basis, but when you meet it's as if you've never stopped talking. I think I can finally relate to this. When I don't talk to you for weeks, I start to miss you annoying the crap out of me; but when we meet, I wish that you'll stop annoying me hahaha. I know it's the same for you too because we are equally annoying and clingy.

The only difference is that you're a lot wiser and stronger than I am. I breakdown occasionally but you hardly ever do. When you're on the verge of breaking down, I know that it's getting serious and it breaks me, too. I'd just want to drive over to your place and just comfort you and bury you with my lame jokes. (We sound like a couple hahahaha wtf) or maybe just secretly voodoo doll that person. Thank you for being there whenever I need someone to talk to, relate to or knock some sense into me. If it weren't for you, I have no idea what kind of mess I'd be caught in right now.

Besides being a best friend, and a sister which I never had but now have (and even my parents acknowledge of you) , you're also one amazing personal stylist. The first person that comes to mind whenever I'm in a dilemma of what to wear, would be you. The reason is simple, because you're honest. You won't let me go to a function dressed like a Christmas Tree or someone who had just rolled out of bed. You're also the only person whom I can talk to about sewing, baking and DIY-ing. Everyone else just looks at me like I'm some crazy person who has too much time to spare. You always know what to do, you have the kind of creativity that I don't.

I only know how much different my life would be without you when you accompanied me to an event that I had to go but nobody to go with me. If it weren't for you, I'd be stuck at that event alone and rotting till I can't remember the date. There are often many times where nobody would give two hoots in helping me out or give me much needed advice but you were there to help me out. You know my highs (of course!) and my lows that nobody knows about. You know my insecurities through and through- yet you don't judge me.

Last but not least, what I like most about our friendship is the honesty. When something is wrong, you'll tell me directly although it may be offensive but it's okay because I know this offence comes from good intention. Most importantly, you're truly happy when I accomplish something. Like I said, you're an elder sister that I wished I had. I'm always happy for you too, your accomplishments and I know that you'll make it one day. I have faith in you.

Initially, I was worried that our friendship wouldn't last because of our different paths but now I'm more assured that we will make this last. I hope our plans really do work out, I hope we remain in each other lives for 100 more years even when we're underground or anywhere. I'll be the aunt your kids run to when you punish them and you'll be the fun aunt my kids wished they have as a mother.



Love, JiaWen

You May Also Like

0 comments