Son's first Hero , Daughter's First Love

by - Sunday, June 16, 2013

He nags till my eardrums fall out.

He gets so sarcastic that I would want to bang my head on the wall at times. 
He makes jokes that will make me laugh like a dying seal. 
His love for me has to boundaries. None at all. 
He's my dad. 
Bukit Tinggi 2004

What I'd do if I had someone else as my father. What I'd become. Will I be as Happy as I am now? As Lucky as I am now? Most importantly , Will I be who I am now?

Is he the most richest , not strict , tidak-apa , kindest kind of Father? 
No, He isn't any of the above. He's Strict , not so kind to me kind of father. 
He hardly praises or compliments me. When I have an A, he'll tell me " Do you think its good enough? " but I know he just doesn't want to let arrogance take over me. He doesn't want me to stop working hard to improve. 
Every kid out there , has tuition. I do not. I used to think he didn't give me tuition is because he didn't loved me enough. He forced me to take the public transport because he didn't care about me getting kidnapped or whatsoever .He didn't praise me because he didn't care. I used to even think he loved my stepmother's son more than he loves me. 
but I , was wrong. I was awfully wrong. He didn't let me have tuition is because he wanted me to be independent. He asked me to take the Public transport is because he wanted me to see the outside world. He didn't want me to think that everyone out there is kind and nice. He didn't praise me because he is afraid i would be arrogant. He loved My sister and I more than he love himself. 

Thank you, god for letting me be his daughter. 
I am Chan Jia wen , Chan Chee Kean's daughter is what I want to let the world know. 
I have a strict father and I like it. I have a father with high goals for me and I love it. 
Others may despise him , but I love him so much i cannot put it into words. 

Mothers may sacrifice the most but to me , my father sacrificed twice as much. 
There isn't anyone else that I want as my father. He's perfect enough for me. 

I just wanted you to know.
That you’re my special hero 
and I wanted to tell you so.
Dad , Throughout my life you have been there for me in countless ways. I will never outgrow the feeling I get knowing you are on my side. I know if I needed a hand or a push you will always be there Just like when I was a little girl. Thanks dad , for giving me the confidence to reach for the stars. 







You May Also Like

0 comments