Out&About - Wild Sheep Chase

by - Monday, December 14, 2015

I've been wanting to go to this cafe for a long time since my cousin told me about it and when I saw some Instagramers rage about it's interior, I wanna go even more! ( vain people will understand )

I heard this cafe was based on a novel by Haruki Murakami which is a well-known author for writing seriously good literature ( I might even read it haha ) and it is managed by two friends whose nicknames are also based on "sheep" hahaha so cute #bestfriendgoals

So when I finally got the chance to go, I was quite excited heh.Which also means (very) high expectations. A part of me was also craving coffee that day so I thought, hey what a great timing to crave for a prettily poured cup of coffee.

It is located in a row of shoplots that looked quite abandoned? It is on the second floor and they didn't have a clear sign at the stairs so it's quite easy to miss. It is nearby Taman Desa's Firestation so it should be easy to locate. ( I will insert the address at the end of this post )

The interior is very clean and simple. The room is also brightly lit with the natural lighting that comes in through the window ( Perfect for selcas! ) and some bulbs dangling from the ceiling





It is very packed , maybe because I went there on a Sunday. When we arrived, it was full house and we were required to wait for a bit. Thankfully the wait time was short and the staffs were very smiley and friendly, so it is not a problem to wait. I was still excited to try because their first impression was GOOD.

In less than 5minutes of wait time, we were seated at the corner. It was really cosy with sofa seat and all. And we had quite good lighting. ( Then again, is there even bad lighting in this place? )

Not only their interior is pretty, even their menu, It was special. Not overloaded with designs or whatnot. Not your typical menu. They also change their menus quarterly and uses pictures from their customers, all you have to do is #wildsheepchasecafe on your instagram when you upload your picture. Simple, hmm?


They also encourage their customers to write a story on cafe's to them and they will pick the best to feature. HOW UNIQUE? People like me who love to read would like this kind of menu hahaha.
Pretty menu with a good read is LOVE



Their Interior and Menu Design had me like :





For drinks, we ordered their Oolong Milk Tea, Earl Grey Milk Tea and Hot Chocolate. Like i said, Iw as craving for coffee but they didn't have much choices in their menu for coffee so I decided to settle for their Earl Grey Milk Tea since it was recommended.


Their tea is topped with frothed milk which is so light and fluffy. Oolong Tea has a very strong taste and it is decorated with a sprinkle of orange peels? Earl Grey milk tea was more bland maybe because it is English tea and their taste is more ... subtle. But is was good for me as I'm not a great fan of tea. As for the hot chocolate it is a little bitter according to my sister but In my opinion, Hot chocolate that are too sweet can be bad. So I would say that their Hot Chocolate is gooood.



We also ordered their Souffle ( RM 17 ) We ordered the one with orange syrup and Grapefruit sherbet. I am not a fan of orange or grapefruit item so it was only okay but for orange and grapefruit lovers, this would be heaven. I'd come back to try the rest of the souffle variations. It tasted just as good as it looks.
Their souffle is really good even on it's own. 


On the contrary, their waffles ( rm13 )  is not as great as it looks. Its not that fluffy and it's also dry. However, I love their earl grey whipped cream. But it is also still quite bland when paired with the waffles. In my opinion, the syrup was not sweet enough ( sweet tooth problem ) but I like how they mixed it with some dried flowers? so the taste is special. 


This place is a really good place if you are looking for tea but they don't really serve coffee. I mean it as a good thing because all cafes out there serve coffee as their main beverage and it's good to find a place that doesnt have coffee as their main. Something different, y'know.

One thing that might be a con out of this place is their waiting time. Since their desserts are made upon order ( freshly baked desserts yum ) the waiting time is approximately 30minutes but all is well as their pros ; Interior, Service and taste made up for it.

I'd definitely come back for their souffle and also to try the other variations of their tea but I honestly, will not go for their waffles. I think the waffles at Inside Scoop are better ( not to mention their ice cream variations )


then agaaaaain both cafes have different concept so it is not fair to compare them heh,

Till I blog again x 


Wild Sheep Chase : 
1, Desa Business Park, 6, Jalan 1/109e, Taman Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

You May Also Like

0 comments