OUT&ABOUT : Day 1- KLIA2, MALAYSIA >>> UTAPAO, THAILAND

by - Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I will be splitting my Pattaya Holiday post into a few entries so that you guys won't die of boredom.

So here it is, Day 1-

Our flight was scheduled at 2:30pm in the afternoon and we arrived at KLIA2 around 11:45-12 so after we settled our check in luggage we still had plenty of time left. We took our own sweet time to have lunch and we I sorta had a mini photoshoot at the corridor facing the airplane runway HAHA. I've always wanted to take pictures there because it's so nice but never got to because I never took off from KLIA2 before... was always only there for pick up. Nevertheless, I had my chance and I made full use of it !


Let me have my air stewardess catwalk moment 

BTS- My mandatory KLIA ig post HAHA







To view the picture i posted you can go to my instagram here

While I was in the departure lounge, the suay-est thing just happened to me wtf. My ( mum's ) camera DIED. As if it just said " Bye jw " and blacked out. Then I became quite cranky and forgotten where i tucked my boarding pass. Only to find it later that I had slot it in between the pages of my novel. ahhhh genius.

On board, I got the window seat ( Thanks gor ! ) and my mood became so much better hahaha. I don't know if it's just me or do anyone else look forward to planes taking off? When the Airplane speeds for take off, it feels so good. Adrenaline Rush. And I like seeing Air Steward/Stewardess demonstrate the safety precautions hahaha. I have seen it quite a number of times and Im still not bored.

If I can't be a full time air stewardess, can I play air stewardess for a day? ( Kidzania, anyone? )

My tumblr attempted Flatlay lmao ft. my favourite storybook of all time

Window seats makes me a happy girl. 

Upon landing, my uncle, cousin and I spotted a row of cameraman shooting our plane so we got sooo excited for some reasons lolol. Then came up with all sorts of scenarios like some celeb is on board or something.

Turns out that apparently our flight was the first AirAsia flight to Utapao International Airport. So they had a grand welcoming ceremony and reporters and cameraman was all around.

I learnt a new word that day; Inaugural ;) 
We were greeted with Thai traditional dance and musi. namecard holder and a small flower deco for the car ( Which wilted in the hotel room lul ) as welcoming gifts.

Reporter #1 



It's not always you see reporters reporting about your safe touchdown so mind us HAHAHA

We had slight transportation problem at the airport as our appointed driver didnt turn up ( or maybe he did... with a camry... to fetch 6 person... ) . While waiting to settle out transportation to the city, a reporter from Channel7 ( BBTV ) approached us and everyone ran away while i stood there like dungu. So obviously I panicked. As much as I wanna appear on screen, I didnt want to be interviewed hahah. Anyways, I did the interview awkwardly while my aunt murmured the answers to me.

but I didnt watch the news hhaah and now im attempting to search and see if they have a clip. Awkward jiawen is forever awkward.

Reached our hotel like finally after travelling for half a day. The hotel's exterior is not very grand but it's unique. Everything in the hotel is unique tbh.

For more information about Siam @ Siam Design Hotel Pattaya, click here
ugh I miss the hotel already as i'm typing this :(





little efforts that make us feel special and wanted :)



After settling down and unpacking, we head out to dinner at this place called.... CABBAGES & CONDOMS ( wtf right hahahah. I was like " WHAT DID SHE SAY " when the receptionist recommended this restaurant )

This restaurant was located at a resort area. And on our way to the restaurants, we were greeted with one of a kind signs. The paths were decorated as if we're taking a stroll in the jungle.

Marketing game strong


It's offending but yes.




Apparently, this restaurant & resorts is sort of like a foundation to raise funds for a buddhist school if i have not mistaken. So everything here is very, unique and special and they often speak the truth in their street signs. I saw this corner where they hang bananas ( for monkeys they say but i see none ) and they allow humans to take it as well, for free. I assume its to remind us that the animals and humans are both living things as well. Dont treat them any different sort of thing.

 Was greeted with a row of mannequin wearing outfits made of condom... with a bunch of  birth control pills as belt. Lmao OOTD mou.


I don't know how is anyone going to eat on this table aahahha

 The wind was so strong but the sound of waves is so soothing. Although I had to keep brushing my hair out of my face.. and mouth ( unglam moments hahaha )

I have concluded on thing, this place is NOT suitable for dates haahhaha. Then the girl will look so unglam & turn off. how. Although the setting and the beach side dining very romantic but... nah





Candid mou

   Appetizers ; The top one is some mixed vegetables deepfried with something else i cannot remember. It's superrr good with the chilli sauce omg. Thai Chilli sauce is love. Thai food is love. Thailand is love. The bottom one is glass noodles wrapped in spring roll skin and deep fried. I didnt really like this that much. But it was edible.

super blurry oops 
 This is called Miang Kham. Yes, i googled it hahahah and it made me so hungry. Why must I blog this at midnight. If  I were to cook shin ramyun now it'd be too sinful HAHAH ok back to topic. This was abit disgusting at first because the leaf tasted abit like mint and although I love mint flavoured things, I hate mint leaf. The leaves were folded into pockets consisting of crushed peanuts and drizzled with some sauce that tasted similar to yee sang sauce, i guess. Devoured in a single mouth. ( Trying to sound atas and blogger-ish) Basically you just stuff the whole thing in. First bite was disgusting... but as you chew... it gets addictive.. then you reach for your second one.. then the first bite was disgusting and it continued to be disgusting. wth am i even talking.

 Steamed fish. <3 <3 <3
Let me google what it's called in Thai..

Google Translate said its Pla Nung 


 Phat Wun Sen aka Stir fried glass noodles.

  Top left is Deep Fried pork which was heavenlyyyy served with sauteed potatoes and salted vegetables as sides. This is soooo gooooood. And Right is the usual mixed vegetables you can order at " dai cao " locally hahahaa.

Also, missing picture was the TomYum soup which is also <3 <3 ( tbh i havent tasted any tom yum soup which is </3 </3 )

I cannot be a food critic one hhahaah I will just go <3 <3 or </3 </3 . There's no in between.


That concludes my Day 1 in Pattaya and I smelled so bad when I went back to the hotel hahah so I sat on the floor and selfie while waiting for my turn to shower.

And did I mention that the toilet have no doors?!?! But the toilet was so pretty and clean so I'll let it slide ( Don't understand how I can describe a toilet as being pretty? Don't worry, I dont understand too )

EXTRAS :

Ok so we had this super adorable ( on my opinion ) taxi driver to fetch us around and while my uncle was negotiating ( In thailand, you nego everything ok hahahah ) our taxi fare with him.... This was roughly what happened

Uncle: How much tomorrow we go Cartoon Network Water Park?
Taxi Driver : 600 Baht. Go and Back.
Uncle : no no 400 Baht ok? HAHAHA
* some exchanging glances going on between le uncle and le taxi driver *
Taxi Driver : HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Then the whole car started laughing.

Ah im bad in telling stories hahaha ok bye.

Till I blog again. 

You May Also Like

0 comments