Love yourself, for who you are

by - Thursday, February 11, 2016

.... and embrace what you cannot change.

This is probably something you've heard. at least once, if not a lot of times. From me, from people around you or from the internet.

This is something that I think can be added to the " easier said than done " list. Because, come on, lets be real. With an Instagram feed full of selfies and solo shots, do we really love ourselves THAT much?

Here's an answer. From me.

Nope, I don't. I don't love myself. Not as much as you think I do. I just post pictures to fool the world ( and myself ) that I indeed love me the way I am. I wish I was taller, skinnier. I wish I had skinny legs and abs. And that high nose bridge. I constantly ask myself why am I not this person or why can't I be good at this.

I want to be able to accept myself for who I am and who I was born to be. Not make myself be someone the society would accept and who I tell myself to be. Even if I got awarded " Miss Perfect " by the world after successfully changing myself to fit those criteria, that's not happiness.

I want people to love themselves for who they are and who they want to be. It's their life, their feeling, their body. Who am I to say what they should do and set standards for them to achieve?

If I can't change society, I want to change the way people who talk to me think. People around me. I want them to feel better about themselves.

If they can't love themselves, are they capable of loving and accepting the flaws of someone else?

You May Also Like

0 comments